What is Copywriting
Copywriting is the act of writing copy (text) for the purpose of advertising or marketing a product, business, person, opinion or idea. The addressee (reader, listener, etc.) of the copy is meant to be persuaded to buy the product advertised for, or subscribe to the viewpoint the text shares.
Copywriters are used to help create direct mail pieces, taglines, jingle lyrics, web page content (although if the purpose is not ultimately promotional, its author might prefer to be called a content writer), online ads, e-mail and other Internet content, television or radio commercial scripts, press releases, white papers, catalogues, billboards, brochures, postcards, sales letters, and other marketing communications media pages. Copy can also appear in social media content including blog posts, tweets, and social-networking site posts.
Benefits of using a Copywriter
- If you require clear, concise, crisp and accurate copywriting, that informs and engages readers and potential customers.
- If you want to inform or educate, sell or persuade? We can write it for you.
- If you need fresh and appealing text to make a difference, Assure Information can help shape that marketing message.
- We’ll can also edit and review your existing website copy.
- We can also write or refine blogs, newsletters, articles, case studies, promotional brochures and any other medium.
We always ask these simple questions:
- Why are you writing it – sales, promotion, information?
- What you want to get across to your reader?
- Who exactly is going to read your copy.
- Never forget, copy is for customers! You’ll need to get their attention, attract their interest and focus on the benefits of your product or service.
- Web copywriting is different – it’s focused on humans and search-engines too! It must be SEO and both keyword rich and readable.
- Readers will only scan your website for information – it must be clear, concise and more informal.
Return to Knowledge Base