Acceptable Usage Policy
- You will be responsible for the content of your pages, including obtaining the legal permission
for any and all works which they include, and also ensuring that the contents of these pages
does not violate Irish, European or International law. iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd) shall not be responsible for any illegal or infringing material posted in served websites. Further to this, where a third party confirms illegal activity on a customer’s served site, iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd) may at its sole discretion, contact the customer immediately, and begin an investigation into same. Any and all services may be suspended while this investigation takes place. iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd) will make all efforts to conduct any investigation without delay, and will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, whether general or consequential caused by same. Where iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd) considers material on the site as illegal, defamatory or abusive they shall, at their sole discretion terminate services. Where services are terminated on these grounds, the contract between the parties will be considered to be at an end.
- It is company policy not to allow any ‘hate sites’, or websites which incite hatred, prejudice or
discrimination. Where a hosted website is found to be inciting hatred, or engaging in connected
discriminatory activates, the offending website will be terminated without any further notice to
the customer. Please note that where your service has been terminated, all information, data,
etc stored on iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd)’s servers may be deleted.
- Your domain remains at all times your property as the registrant and can be transferred away from iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd), subject to domain name registry and ICANN policies, at any time at your sole discretion.
- You may not store more data in your account than your allotted server space. Should your storage approach 95% we will endeavour to e-mail a warning and you will have the option to upgrade.
- Your server space (inc. FTP and Shell access) is for your personal use only. You must not divulge
the password to any other person, and you should take reasonable precautions to ensure that it
is not discovered by other people. If this is compromised you must take your own appropriate action.
- Data stored on our servers is not guaranteed to be backed up. It is recommended that you keep
an independent backup of all data stored on your virtual server or shared hosting account.
iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd) accept no responsibility for any loss of data, however incurred.
- It is the User’s sole responsibility to keep all files, date, passwords, etc, secure at all times.
Further to this, any security applications, or security details of the user, must be kept at the
users own risk, and kept up to date, so that protection is afforded for both the User and
iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd). iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd) will not be held responsible for damage, loss or injury caused, due to insufficient or out of date security measures held by the User.
- You may not run server processes (e.g. talkers/IRC Bots) from your account.
- iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd) reserve the right to remove any CGI or similar server-side script or program that interferes in any way with the normal running of a server.
- Known insecure scripts, such as Matt’s formmail are not allowed.
- We shall not be held liable for any loss or damages caused by the use or misuse, unavailability or
removal of services howsoever caused.
- When your account is closed, all files (including web pages, etc.) will be deleted.
- We reserve the right to cancel your account at any time without notice.
- We reserve the right to amend and update this Acceptable Usage Policy at any time without
- To protect your privacy, we will not distribute your name, email address, domain name, unless
required to do so under law, or where same is required in relation to the successful provision of
services. The list of information which may be provided under this condition is not exhaustive.
For more information on Data Privacy please review our Data Protection Statement
iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd).com/data-protection-statement
- Users must not participate in any form of un-solicited bulk e-mailing or Spam, or any form of
illegal web site. Failure to observe this condition could result in the immediate suspension of
Email abuse / Phishing /Spam
Users must not participate in any form of un-solicited bulk e-mailing or Spam, or any form of illegal web
site. Failure to observe this condition could result in the immediate suspension and or termination of
If your bandwidth reaches the points where it has an adverse impact on other clients we reserve the
right to disable your site until you can reduce your bandwidth usage.
Each server includes a nominated amount of bandwidth, if you use more than this amount then you
agree to pay for this bandwidth at the rates listed on iSeek (Seek Internet Solutions Ltd)’s site.
Commercial use of web and ftp space is permitted.
You will be responsible for the content of your pages, including obtaining the legal permission for any
works they include and ensuring that the contents of these pages do not violate Irish, European, or
international Law and the company shall not take responsibility for same.
You will be held responsible for and accept responsibility for any defamatory, confidential, secret or
other proprietary material available via your page(s). Should we receive copyright infringement notices
we will endeavour to contact you informing you of same and you are expected to acknowledge receipt
of such notification and take the appropriate action as advised. Whilst we don’t like getting caught up in
such disputes, we reserve the right to remove material deemed inappropriate from your web pages,
without prior notice.
Glossary of Terms
- Warez: Widely used in cracker subcultures to denote cracked versions of commercial
software, that is versions from which copy-protection has been stripped
- IRC Bots: An automated program that operates on IRC.
- IRC: A client-server chat system of large (often worldwide) networks
- Shell Hosting: A hosting account used primarily for either shell commands or to run
shell processes, such as IRC bouncers etc.
- Bouncer (bnc): a bnc is short for ‘bouncer’. A bnc acts as a proxy to IRC, allowing you
to hide your real IP address and use a vhost (vanity host – something like
- Cgi: A standard for running external programs from a World-Wide Web HTTP server.
CGI specifies how to pass arguments to the executing program as part of the HTTP
request. It also defines a set of environment variables. Commonly, the program will
generate some HTML which will be passed back to the browser but it can also request
- Shell: The command interpreter used to pass commands to an operating system; so called
because it is the part of the operating system that interfaces with the outside world. The
commonest Unix shells are the c shell (csh) and the Bourne shell (sh).
- FTP: A communications protocol governing the transfer of files from one computer to
another over a network
- DNS: A general-purpose distributed, replicated, data query service chiefly used on
Internet for translating hostnames into Internet addresses. Also, the style of hostname
used on the Internet, though such a name is properly called a fully qualified domain
name. DNS can be configured to use a sequence of name servers, based on the domains
in the name being looked for, until a match is found
- bash_history – .bash_logout – .bash_profile – .bashrc..: A number of files related to a
shell account. These include configuration directives and logging of user actions.