What are Cookies and How They are Used
We use “cookies,” small text files transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g. web beacons/gifs and embedded scripts) to help provide you with a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your shopping cart between visits);
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information);
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
How to Manage and Disable Cookies
The options/settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. Please be advised that disabling cookies through this method may impact many of our websites’ features.
Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in internet browsers will usually be found in the “Settings” sections of those browsers, often described under a heading of “Privacy” or similar.
What Types of Cookies we Use
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Seek Internet Solution ltd to recognise and count the number of website visitors and to see how visitors move around websites when they are using them. This helps improve the way the websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize users when users return to a website. This enables Insert to personalize content for data subjects, greet data subjects by name and remember data subject’s preferences (e.g. choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record data subjects’ visit to websites, the pages visited, and the links followed. Seek Internet Solution ltd use this information to make Insert’s websites and the advertising displayed thereon more relevant to users’ interests. Insert may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Location cookies. These cookies use data subjects’ current location, or address to provide appropriate information.
Third Party Cookies and Opt-out
Seek Internet Solution ltd also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the services to:
- Help understand and improve how visitors use the websites, including which pages and products are viewed most frequently;
- More effectively market products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to data subjects;
- Obtain feedback on products and services;
- Allow engagement on social media offerings.
Do Not Track feature
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked.
Insert does not currently apply Do Not Track requests, as such requests are not standardised or consistent across platforms.