What is a Blog
A blog is a website in which items are posted on a regular basis and displayed in reverse chronological order. The term blog is a shortened form of weblog or web log. Authoring a blog, maintaining a blog or adding an article to an existing blog is called “blogging”. Individual articles on a blog are called “blog posts,” “posts” or “entries”. A person who posts these entries is called a “blogger”. A blog comprises text, hypertext, images, and links (to other web pages and to video, audio and other files). Blogs use a conversational style of documentation.
Starting a Business Blog: An Overview
Your company may already has a website and you realise that it’s time to get a little more personal with your visitors. A quality business blog keeps customers, investors, and supporters up-to-date on your business activities. It also promotes interaction with site visitors and can help establish you (or your staff members) as thought leaders in your community.
Even better, regularly producing quality content, and sharing it through social media, can attract new interest in your business.
Ways your business can benefit from using a blog
- Publish news about business
- Publish news about your industry
- Raise a topic you want to have a discuss and get feedback on
- Write a Tutorial about your Product
- Answer Community Questions or Comments
- Talk about a new Product Release
- Highlight a Great Customer
- Share Reviews and Feedback
- Connect with other Bloggers
- Share Exclusive Discounts and Promos
iSeek.ie can show you the power behind blogging and create a strategy so your time and effort on blogging is rewarded and that reward is measureable.Return to Knowledge Base