How to install WordPress on your hosting account
Return to Knowledge Base
- Contact iSeek to get your control panel and FTP access details.
- Setup your FTP software to connect to your account using the above details.
- Go to the WordPress website to download the latest copy of WordPress.
- Unzip the WordPress file once downloaded.
- Upload the contents of the WordPress folder into your FTP account.
- Log into your Control Panel.
- Press ‘Databases’.
- Turn ‘mySql’ on.
- Press ‘Databases, mysql databases wizard’.
- Give the database a name (and save this name for later).
- Create a username and password (again save this name for later) and ensure you make the user an administrator.
- Go to the WordPress file you downloaded and find the
- Open this file using a text editor and input the database name, username and password into the relevant section in the file.
- Save the updated file as
wp-config.php and upload this file to the server also.
- Go to your website address
- Click on ‘Run Install’
- Enter your blog name and email address
- Click ‘Install WordPress’